The purpose of the Organization is to:
- Promote the development of the arts and cultural activities through various means.
- with programming to include programs of educational merit such as those concerned with all aspects of theatre production.
- Operate as a not-for-profit corporation under Section 501(c)(3) ofthe Internal Revenue Code to benefit the community.
Goochland Community Theatre Foundation aims to provide cultural and education programs that provide a forum for creative and personal expression by and for residents of Goochland County, enhancing the lives of local residents and visitors, and utilizing the dedication of community volunteers to make productions affordable and accessible to the local community.
It is the mission of the Goochland County Theatre, a not-for-profit corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, to promote and facilitate the arts in Goochland County; provide for increased arts education; promote and aid the creative skills and cultural welfare of the community; sustain a theatre to ensure the continued growth and development of the arts and other community culture within our service area.
- Goals of the Theatre
- Provide programming, access, and training to the community, with significant participatory opportunities for adults and children from the local
- Provide musical, cultural, and theatrical programming that celebrates and expresses.
- Establish a scholarship for a student planning to major in the theatre arts.
- Short Term Objectives for 2019
- Obtain Section under Section 501(c)(3) status
- Provide cultural events for the community, including literary readings, concerts and theatre productions.
- Continue to grow public support for the Theatre to provide long-term sustenance of the Theatre’s programs and operations.
- Grow financial support for programs and operations.
- Establish Broad community support, including local elected officials, the Goochland Chamber of Commerce.
- Business Philosophy
- We provide musical, cultural, and theatrical programming that celebrates and expresses diversity.
- Products and Services
- Concerts, poetry and literary readings
- Theatre productions
- Operating and sustaining a theatre